Soft, clean carpets feel cozy and inviting. Rugs or carpets that have been host to dog urine, grease, coffee or other smelly stains are off-putting, at best. The best cure for a spill is a speedy response. If a spill becomes a stain, it will be much more difficult to remove. Here are some carpet spot removal tips for carpet stain removal.
Spot and Stain
There is a great difference between a spot and a stain. The former is a soluble substance that can be easily removed by an ordinary cleaning process. The latter is a substance that has dyed or altered a fabric or carpet fiber and may not be removed by an ordinary cleaning process. A stain that is lighter compared to the fabric or fiber will be very difficult if not impossible to remove due to dye loss.
Immediate action along with the proper removal chemicals and following correct procedures can keep spots under control. At all times, test the fiber in an inconspicuous area first before using the spot removal chemical. Always comply with the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
There are a number of good spotting products on the market that are efficient at removing both water soluble and oil based spots. These spots removal products will eliminate most but not all of the spots you will come across.
The most significant piece of advice is to remove the spot before it becomes a stain. Keep in mind, what may come out today may not come out tomorrow. All manufacturers set out instructions on how their spot removal products work and what types of spots they will remove.
Universal Carpet Spot Removal Procedure
- At all times, test spotting fluid on carpet fiber before using.
- Apply water before and after most spotting procedures excluding ink.
- Begin spot removal treatment as soon as possible.
- Utilize correct spotting fluid.
- Employ the correct strategies such as starting at the outer edge of the spot and work to the center.
- Never rub or brush too hard. This can result in a distortion of the fiber that will be worse compared to the spot. Just blot or dab.
- Do not over wet by rushing the job – dry up as much as possible through blotting with towels.
Never allow the treated area to dry too slowly.
Carpet Cleaner Auckland 09-489 5599