In the beginning, a new carpet brings with it not only a whole new and fresh look to a setting. A new carpet smell that a lot of people enjoy. That newness brings in a certain smell that is clean and unsoiled. Surely may spark a sense of pride for your investment. Regrettably, that pleasure vanishes all of a sudden. Actually, new carpets contain a host of a number of various chemicals. It contains such as formaldehyde which can cause many health issues. Eliminate new carpet smell can be so challenging and will eventually fade in time. In the meanwhile, there are more than a few ways to help speed that method along.
NOTE: If you’re confused as to how a new carpet holds this irritating scent, then I must point out that it is an industrially processed product. It’s quite obvious that it’ll smell of the chemicals used during its manufacturing.
- Baking soda
- House plants
- Onion or apple
- Spray bottle
Basic Recommendations to Eliminate New Carpet Smell
- Sprinkle baking soda throughout the carpet and let it sit for two or three hours. In case the carpet is in a room that can be closed off for a short time, leave it overnight. Vacuum it all up and go over again if the irritating aroma persists.
- Mix a solution of equal parts of vinegar and water in a spray bottle, and then spray on the entire carpet. Allow it to dry and repeat the process if required.
- Open up the windows and then place a fan inside the room to circulate the air all through the new carpet. If this room can be closed off, do so to prevent the smell from spreading to the remaining of the house.
- Place plants in the location with the troublesome carpet. Plants aid in freshening the air. Keep the windows open to facilitate fresh air circulate around.
- Close off the room preferably and cut up one whole apple or onion and place it in a bowl of water. Allow the bowl to sit in the middle of the room overnight – this will assist in absorbing odors lingering in the air.
- Febreze is another way to help conceal the smell and is available in most grocery stores.
Carpet Cleaner Auckland 09-489 5599