The Carpet Cleaner can clean like no other company does and you will be amazed. Your carpet, rugs, and upholstery will stay cleaner for longer and will provide you with the residue free, green process you have been waiting for. Here are some tips to help prepare for your cleaning:
• Move fragile or breakable items to a safe place.
• Vacuum to remove pet hair and larger particles of soil or food
• Make sure that areas to be cleaned are free from toys, books or other items
• Be sure to let Carpet Cleaner Auckland office know if there are special areas of concern such as pet urine
• Carpet Cleaner Auckland technicians will move chairs, tables, and most light furniture. However, they generally do not move beds, dressers, entertainment centers, or electronics
• Fresh air is very important for dehumidifying the carpet – open windows and run fans
• Try to avoid walking on the carpet for 45 minutes while fiber protectant cures. After 45 minutes it is fine to walk on the damp carpet if your feet are clean. Do not put wood stained or metal furniture back in place until carpet is completely dry, usually 6 – 24 hours, depending on the weather, air flow, sequence of rooms cleaned, etc.
• Typically every 9 – 18 months, depending on traffic, care, and pets. Carpet Cleaner Auckland clients always tell us that they can usually go twice as long or even longer compared to conventional cleaning services once we have extracted all the soap. However, for those with allergies, more frequent cleaning may be advisable to achieve a “clean, green” environment.
• Talk to your Technician about a handy The Carpet Cleaner Spotter Kit.
Tips and tricks
A collection of unconventional ideas for solving cleaning and other household problems. We welcome your input and will post new ideas on an ongoing basis. Check back often to see what new tips and tricks we have run across, and be sure to share this page with your friends.
- Did you know that ketchup cleans copper pots and pans?
- Vegetable oil can be used to polish wood furniture.
- Sprinkling black pepper on your indoor (and outdoor) plants will help keep your pets from devouring them.
- Grout should be periodically cleaned by The Carpet Cleaner professionals who can clean and extract dirt and residue from deep in the pores of grout and stone, but for small jobs such as the nooks and crannies in the shower or bath, a battery powered electric toothbrush takes the effort out of the scrubbing. And disposable models are now available for about $5.00.
- Use old pantyhose to clean the dust off of your window screens, they won’t damage the screens and they really do a great job.
- Dripped candle wax can be tough to remove from a table cloth or the carpet. Put ice in a zip lock bag and place the bag on the wax for about 20 minutes. The wax will become brittle and should lift off easily, or use a plastic knife to scrape the wax free.
- Squeaky or stiff door hinges? Coat the hinge pins with lip balm.
- Is there a dark line in the carpet along the baseboards or down the stairs? You need to change your heating/air conditioning filter more often, or replace it with a life-time electrostatic filter that just hoses off. Your Carpet Cleaner technician can order an electrostatic filter made specifically for your HVAC system.
- Use old socks as mitts to clean mini-blinds on both sides. Use a bucket of soapy water to wipe both sides clean, then repeat with a pair of dry socks. You will get wet and sloppy, but the job will go fast. Better still, assign this job to the kids.
- Crayon marks on the walls can be removed with a damp rag dipped in baking soda, the marks will come off with minimal rubbing. Toothpaste works well also, but be sure to use only white paste.
- Use dryer sheets to clean the TV screen, they will eliminate static that causes dust to adhere to the screen. And dryer sheets in dresser drawers will help clothes smell freshly washed for weeks to come.
- Clean glass table tops with lemon juice, then dry and polish with crumpled up newspaper. Toothpaste can help remove small scratches from the glass, just rub gently with a soft cloth, then rinse and dry.
- To remove stains from marble, sprinkle salt on a fresh cut lemon. Rub very lightly over the stain, do not rub too hard or you may ruin the polished surface. Wash off with soap and water, then dry.
- For a sparkling white porcelain sink, place paper towels across the bottom of the sink and saturate with household bleach. Let the towels stay in place for eight hours, then rinse. Do not use bleach on colored sinks.
- The greatest damage done to wood floors is from grit. Use mats at doorways to help collect the grit, and dust mop floors in high traffic areas frequently. Your The Carpet Cleaner technician can also clean wood floors and extract grit from the wood pores. To add a shine to your wood floors, place a piece of wax paper under your dust mop and buff away.
When cleaning your carpets, use only those companies that do not use soap, detergent, or solvents, all of which will leave behind a residue that attracts dirt and dulls the color and look of your carpet. The Carpet Cleaner is one of the only truly green carpet cleaner that natural citrus to clean your carpets, area rugs, or upholstery